Ioannis G. Fatouros
At the end of the course the students should be able to know:
- What sports nutrition is all about.
- The processes of digestion and transport of nutrients.
- Factors affecting digestion, digestion and consumption of foods and fluids.
- What carbohydrates, fats and protein are and how they are used in sports nutrition.
- What minerals, vitamins and water are and how they are used in sports nutrition.
- What is energy intake and how it is regulated.
- What is energy expenditure and how it is regulated.
- Nutrition for endurance events.
- Nutrition for team sports.
- Nutrition for strength-power sports.
- Sports nutrition and management of athletes’ weight.
- Meal planning and timing.
- Supplements for endurance sports.
- Supplements for strength-power sports.
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
- Nutrition for health, fitness and sport performance, Melvin H. Williams, 2003.
- Principles of Sport Nutrition, Fred Bruns, 2nd ed., 2004.